There are many reason to take a smartphone whenever we travel. Smartphones really help us to limit the usage of other gadgets and as it is compact and easy to carry saving the space, i think that’s a big benefit.
- No need to pack a separate flashlight, map, calculator, music player or GPS device.
- There are thousands of useful travel apps out there that work offline, there are also some photo editing apps which helps to do some color corrections for your photos.
- It’s easy to get connected when you need to, even if you’re not using cell data. Most of the Cafes, airports and train stations usually have Wi-Fi.
Also, some of the smartphones nowadays comes with a better camera. I use Nokia Lumia 925, and for bigger surprise this smartphone has a better camera which also gives freedom to use manual settings.
- The biggest con is battery life as most of the smartphones lasts for a day
- Viewing websites which are not mobile friendly, annoys a lot