Kumara Parvatha Trek
Kumara Parvatha Trek Highlights
- Kumara Parvatha is one of the unique treks in the Western Ghats of Karnataka offering you the most adventurous trekking experience.
- Climbing up to more than 1,700 metres (approx 5,600 feet), the trek covers a distance of 22 kilometres and is usually done over 2 days.
- The trekkers are rewarded with an excellent view of thick forests, vast grasslands and even a waterfall.
- With the company of an expert guide, you’ll learn interesting facts and secrets about Kukke Subramanya and nearby villages.
Kumara Parvatha Trek Overview
About the trek:
Kumara Parvatha is located at an an altitude of 1,712 metres (approx 5,617 feet), that makes it one of the highest peak in the Western Ghats range and the fourth highest peak in Karnataka.
Kumara Parvatha or Pushpagiri is the name of the peak which is hidden most of the time and is visible only after crossing Shesha Parvatha, but the entire trail is popularly known as the Kumara Parvatha trek.
Kumara Parvatha trek is a wonderful delight for adventure lovers from all over the country since it showcases the best serenity and exciting trekking routes through thick jungles and meadows.
During the Kumara Parvatha trek, you will witness beautiful flora and fauna, lush green mountains, and dense forests that will make you fall in love with its beauty.
Kumara Parvatha Trek Package Inclusions:
- Stay: Tents on sharing basis
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Transportation: Bengaluru to Kukke Subramanya in a semi sleeper AC Tempo traveler
- Activities: Trekking & Camping
Kumara Parvatha Trek distance: 22 Km
Maximum Altitude: 5,617 ft.
Climatic Conditions: It receives heavy rainfall between June to September. From October to December the area is covered in mist almost all the time.
- Temperature: November to January are generally the coldest months, with the daytime maximum temperature that ranges of an average around 7° to 20 °C. April and May are normally the warmest months here, with temperatures of an average 29 °C.
- Visibility: This place often enjoys good visibility, although hill fog sometimes restricts the visibility.
Trekking Gradient: Moderate to Difficult
ATM: Last ATM is in Kukke Subramanya
Mobile Network: All major mobile networks are available in Kukke Subramanya
How to reach:
The trip starts from Bengaluru, in a semi sleeper AC Tempo traveler to Kukke Subramanya.
Distance from Bengaluru: 230km
Kumara Parvatha Trek Itinerary
- On Friday night get picked up from the pickup locations
- Have dinner before boarding the vehicle.
- Begin your overnight journey to Kukke Subramanya.
- Freshen up in homestay, have self-sponsored breakfast, and take the packed lunch.
- We will leave any extra luggage in the vehicle.
- Reach the starting point of the Kumara Parvatha trekking and start the trek to Girigadde which will lead to our camping site near the forest check post.
- After reaching the forest checkpost, start pitching your tents.
- Have your packed lunch and relax for some time.
- Enjoy the sunset from Girigadde viewpoint and have tea at Bhattramane.
- By 7.30 PM have dinner at the Bhattramane which will be self-service.
- By 9.00PM retire for the night.
- Wake up early morning around 2:00 AM, freshen up, and start packing your tents.
- Give entries at the check post and start your trek to Kumara Parvatha peak.
- Have Breakfast on the way to the peak.
- Reach Shesha Parvatha and enjoy the beautiful view among the clouds at Pushpagiri hills and spend some time (Based on the timing the guide will lead everyone to Kumara Parvatha).
- After the Kumara Parvatha trekking head back to the base camp, pack your luggage and head to Bhattramane for lunch.
- After lunch starts Descending to Kukke Subramanya, head to the homestay, and freshen up.
- Start the journey to Bangalore.
- On the way have a self-sponsored dinner and reach Bangalore the next day early morning around 5:00 AM
Know before you go for Kumara Parvatha Trek
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities
- Consult a physician before undertaking the trek. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- Pay heed to the trek guides and instructors to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travellers littering may be fined.
- Do not encourage trekking during the night unless it is a part of the itinerary and a guide is with you; this might lead to unforeseen mishaps.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- In case, the trek needs to be cancelled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitisation and use of mask recommended.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced drivers especially for hilly terrains available.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Camping is very basic. One must not expect luxuries.
- Mobile charging points may not be available on campsites.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the package.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the Kumara Parvatha trek.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the Kumara Parvatha trek.
Things to Carry for Kumara Parvatha Trek
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Walking stick ( if required )
- Water bottle
- Backpack (50-60l)
- Hiking shoes
- Mosquito & insect repellent
- Head Torch
- Extra pair of socks
- Personal Medicine
Get in touch with our travel expert
Got a Question?
Our Travel expert will be happy to help you resolve your queries for this tour.
10:30 AM - 8:00 PM (Mon to Sat)
Kumara Parvatha Trek Policies
- The customer receives a confirmation via email within 24 hours of successful booking
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation will be sent via email.
- Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking before confirmation and a full refund will be processed.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
- If cancellation are made 15 days before the date of travel then 30.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 7 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 0 days to 7 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
Payment Terms Policy
- 100.0% of total tour cost will have to be paid 0 days before the date of booking